Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Where am I now?

Everyone has to start somewhere, right? So where am I starting on this journey to a triathlon? I am a 41 year old woman who has three small children and a super smart, funny DH. I work almost full time and am at least 20 pounds overweight. I live in Portland, OR. Because I have three small children and a cool job, I have not made it a priority to work out. I also love to eat. Subsequently, the weight has snuck on. I am conscious of it and I know it is not healthy. I am drawn to the idea of a triathlon because I believe cross-training will be good for my body.

My goals:
* Reduce my percentage of body fat. (It would be easier to say that I wanted to lose 20 pounds but I don't think that is the best assessment).
* Create long term work out habits. (Ones I can carry with me after the race.)
* Compete in a triathlon. (Date is set for August 1, 2009).

Have you ever done a triathlon?

No comments:

Post a Comment