Friday, February 6, 2009

Week 1; Day 5: Friday

Daily learning / random notes: There is so much to learn about training for a triathlete that I don't know where to start. I mean, how do I keep from turning into a dried prune after swimming? Will my hair get all weird if I don't do special things to it? How do I stay motivated? How do I put on a swim cap and what is it really for? How do I keep my ears dry and healthy (and what does that even mean)?
I got my body fat tested today. I don't think I will share it but now I have a baseline. I promise to share the delta after I get it re-tested after the race.

Total training cost: Today I purchased a punch card at the super nice pool. It cost $65.00 for 10 visits. This brings my total up to: $24.50 + $65.00 = $89.50

Swim:

  • Warm up
  • Freestyle 50 yards
  • Cool down 50 yards

Swim Results:

14 laps of 25 yards = 350 yards. It seemed a tiny bit easier today. I am so surprised that I get sweaty from swimming - don't ask me why. I used my goggles today (which were awesome) and my swim cap (which I don't know how to use).

Bike - 2 miles

Bike Results: Oh, how I did not want to do this. I thought that today was a run / walk day and realized late that it was a bike day. I had a hard time getting motivated to go. But you know what? I love riding my bike. Once I actually got on my bike (with my 2 lights in front and flashing light on my seat stem and my very bright biking jacket with reflectors) tonight, it was wonderful.

Run - off

No comments:

Post a Comment