Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week 1; Day 3: Wednesday

Week 1; Day 3: Wednesday

Swim
  • Warm up
  • Freestyle 50 yards
  • Cool down 50 yards

Swim Results

Swam either 16 or 18 laps (over 300 yards). I lost count! I swam at a pool where my kids used to take swim lessons and saw the teacher. She gave me a few pointers which I practiced while I was there. She also let me borrow some goggles since mine won't be here till tomorrow. I realized that I am going to have to get used to goggles. Also, it looks like I will need to wear a wet suit in the actual race and some information I read says to practice in it ahead of time. This seems like a good idea.

Bike - off

Run

Walk for 20 minutes

Run Results

I walked to the grocery store and walked to the soaking pool and I figure that added up to 20 minutes. It was not 20 minutes of brisk walking which is what I would like to start doing.

Daily learning / random notes:
I feel like people want me to succeed. When I contacted the person who runs the gym at my work and told him about what I am doing, he was very encouraging. He is going to check my body fat on Friday (gulp).

I had assumed I would swim freestyle but the swim teacher said she thought you just had to get to the finish line. I will need to check into this.

My friend, N, might do this with me and she was wondering about transitions from one race to the next. I am curious too. Since tomorrow is my day off, maybe I will spend a few minutes trying to find something on You Tube.

Total training cost:
This pool costs $4.00 per visit so my total is now up to $24.50. If I buy a punch card, I will be able to swim for $3.00 per visit but I am not sure if this will be my primary pool or not so I am going to wait to make that decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment