Thursday, February 5, 2009

Week 1; Day 4: Thursday

Today is my training day off. Sigh. I am very sore and happy to take this day off....But of course I didn't exactly take the day off. I wanted to determine what size bike I need. So I rode my mountain bike to the bike shop and then I test drove a road bike. Probably all in all 3 miles - not enough to make me crazy.

Daily learning / random notes: I believe I need a size 52cm bike. They didn't have a 53cm bike for me to compare. I will try out some other bikes at other places so I can get an idea. My friend, N, said she tried 75 bikes before she found her current bike!!!

I watched a bunch of videos on YouTube.com and totally freaked myself out about the transitions. I guess I have to remember why I am doing the triathlon. I am doing it to try it out (and to finish it). I have to make sure my competitive nature doesn't take over and have me looking for ways to shave seconds off my transitions (especially since I know my swimming will be S.L.O.W.).

Total training cost: Same as yesterday = $24.50. I got my goggles and cap! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment