Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Triathlete or Mathlete?

This year I am training for my first triathlon. One of the first things I had to do was to learn how to spell "triathlon". I kept putting an extra "a" in the word.

Anyway, my DH tells me that Tim Ferris says that the best way to make a big change in your life is to set a goal. The goal that I have set is to do a triathlon on August 1, 2009. I wanted to have a journal to track my training and progress. When I looked online, nothing popped out. (I am sure there are cool things out there, probably for the iPhone (sigh) but I didn't find them at first glance). Instead of creating one from scratch or using a super old one downloaded free from the web, I decided to utilize a blog as a journal. My plan is to discuss my experience training for the event and track my training at the same time.

Why is this called triathlete or mathlete? Well, partially because I am an engineer by training and therefore am a geek. Also, cause it rhymes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment