Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Week 1; Day 1: Monday

Yesterday was Week 1; Day 1 in my triathlon training program. I downloaded a free training program called "Michael Pates Total Sprint Program" which I decided to follow. The subtitle of the program is called "22 week program taking you from the couch to the finish line". While I do not think of myself as a couch potato, I did think that it would be a good idea to be gentle with my body in preparing. I may find as I get into it that I can step it up but for now, this is my program.

Week 1; Day 1: Monday

Swim
  • Warm up
  • Freestyle 50 yards
  • Cool down 50 yards

Swim Results

  • Swam 10 laps. I thought this would be easy but it was not easy at all. The nice lifeguard at the pool gave me some pointers which is good since I have not had swim lessons for about 30 years!

Bike - off

Run

  • Walk for 20 minutes

Run Results

  • I did not actually do this. What I did do, which totally kicked my butt, was a one hour boot camp class. I don't feel like I cheated.

Daily learning:

  • Some gear is worth purchasing. I have a swimsuit but I did not have goggles. Since I wear contacts, I really need goggles. I ordered them last night and they were very reasonable. I also ordered a swim cap which I am not at all sure I will need but only cost $6.

Total training cost:

  • $20.50 for goggles and swim cap. Swimming was free the first time. (I am taking fee based boot camp class but I am not going to factor it in here as I would do it anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment