Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Week 5; Day 2: Tuesday

Daily learning / random notes: I think I need to move my mouse from my right hand to my left hand. I can't believe that I didn't talk about bike fit yesterday! My friend C offered to help me fit my bike. I brought my bike into work and he helped me get the seat set up and checked the pedals. There are a few issues. One is that my seat is quite a bit higher than the handlebars. About 10 cm actually. The top stem (?) is at it's maximum height so I won't be able to get height there. Unfortunately, it is also an older style so it would be very difficult to change out. I am going to try putting my pedals on the bike and just try it out. Basically if it hurts to ride it, it is not right. I will test it out today.

I am grateful to C and all the others who are helping me to meet my goal of doing a triathlon.

Total training cost: $89.50

Activity Distance Results
Swim Offn/a
Bike 5 milesRode 5 miles. My hands definitely got numb at points which I don't think is a good thing. I also had to be a little careful because in some positions my right knees was hurting. I still have to put my pedals on.
Run / WalkOffn/a

No comments:

Post a Comment