Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dismal failure or unrealistic expectations

Ok - I am not even going to discuss the title of this post. FYI - I am referring to this blog - not to my training.

The training for this triathlon has been a bumpy road. I started really fast and furious - working out two times a day some days. I kept that pace up for around 6 weeks. And then it feels like I got a little burned out. Adding to that I started getting migraines which I believe are related to stress. All that to say that if I hadn't told so many people about doing this triathlon, I probably would have given up! ;)

Seriously though, I am still plugging away - just not with the same fervor that I started with. Working backwards, here is what I have been up to:

* Rode my bike yesterday for 50 minutes. I forgot my water! Duh'oh!
* Swam 1/3 mile on Monday. Also did a 1.5 hour hula hoop dancing class.
* Sunday I went for a hike for about an hour.
* 6/30 I tried to go for a bike ride but only rode for about 15 minutes (I had tire issues).
* 6/29 Went for an hour walk.
* 6/24 Went to my first 1.5 hour hula hoop dancing class.
* Week of June 14th - went running two times. Tried to swim in the Pacific Ocean on the Oregon Coast. (Bad idea).

So - I have a little momentum which I am trying to continue. The race is on August 1st - gulp! My friend and I are going to do a mock triathlon on July 18th. Should be interesting. It will be good to know we can do the whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. So... How did the trial (mock-trot) triathalon go on the 18th? Good for you, exercising and stuff. Mary Ellen & I try to do the same (she walks, I bike). Fortunately, we have a rails-to-trails network in the area. All the best, CR

    ReplyDelete